wij maken een onderscheid tussen buitenlandse sites (gericht op ÚÚn land of taalgebied) en internationale sites (gericht op alle landen of bepaalde regio's)
- deze rubriek is nog in opbouw, maar waarom zou u niet alvast kunnen meekijken ?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W XYZ
- Ada Project, The - zie TAP
- Aviva, FREE monthly listings of women's groups & events worldwide.
- Business and Professional Women International Our Vision Statement: To achieve a just and equal status for women in all levels and areas of society where decisions are taken in true partnership with men, based on mutual respect, for a more balanced and peaceful world.
Our Mission Statement: Knowledge is power. Power is a means of influencing future policies. Policies affect the lives of women, men and children. BPW International works to develop a comprehensive framework of structures to provide the necessary education, training and opportunities for women to achieve economic independence and assume their rightful place in work and business, the professions, in politics and in all decision-making processes. BPW International is THE organisation for business and professional women.
- Business and Professional Women Europe.
Our identity: the largest organised network of business and professional women in the world. BPW-Europe is the European Region of BPW International represented in 28 countries with over 22 000 members in all parts of Europe.
Our aims: Equal opportunities and status for women in the economic, civil and political life. More women in decision making positions.
- ENAWA European and North American Women Action is a network of media, ICT, information and advocacy organizations strengthening and integrating a feminist analysis in the information and media landscape in relation to social movements and the women's movement in our region and the world.
ENAWA is a web-based community of feminist organizations committed to developing networks that contribute to the quality of the lives of women living in our region, and to the quality of the lives of women worldwide who are affected by politics and development in our region.
- European WomenAction 2000European WomenAction 2000 is an information and communication network for advocates of women's rights in Europe and North America and Israel. It is hosted by the International Information Centre and Archives for the Women's movement. In June 2000, the United Nations will review the agreements made at the 4th World Conference on Women - the so-called Beijing + 5 review. Women in Europe, North America and Israel are invited to use European WomenAction 2000 to prepare for and participate in that process.
- European Women's Lobby
- EuroVip Europa voor vrouwen, vrouwen voor Europa. Onderdeel van de Nederlandse site Vrouwen Internet Politiek (VIP) over de Europese verkiezingen 1999: een gunstige gelegenheid voor vrouwen. Van 10 tot 13 juni 1999 kiezen de Europese burgers hun vertegenwoordigers voor het Europees Parlement. Dit is voor vrouwen een gunstige gelegenheid om rechtstreeks hun invloed te doen gelden op de toekomstige ontwikkeling van de Europese Unie.
- Gender Studies in Agriculture - Wageningen's Gender Studies Department is one of the few institutions of its kind in the world that bring together gender studies and the study of agriculture and rural development.
- Global Fund For Women - The GLOBAL FUND FOR WOMEN makes grants to seed, support, and strengthen women's rights groups around the world. We envision a just and democratic world, where women and men can participate equally in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
The challenges that women face vary widely across communities, cultures, religious traditions, and countries. We believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change. The GLOBAL FUND listens to women's groups, and supports their efforts to improve the situation of women, even when the issues they address are difficult or controversial. We also believe that the way in which we do our work is as important as what we do. This philosophy is reflected in our flexible, respectful, and responsive style of grantmaking.
Since 1987, we have given just under $14 million in grants to women's rights groups in 148 countries and territories.
- Globalwomen-agingnet - Globalwomen-agingnet - mailinglist for older women worldwide. A forum dedicated to the sharing and dissemination of information and views on aging issues which affect women worldwide.
The main areas of interest covered in this list are:
- economic security of older women
- social policies affecting older women
- employment of older women
- access to health care
- global responses to these issues
This forum provides a means for different communities facing these challenges to share their concerns and strategies and to discuss developments taking place in different parts of the world.
Grrrlbands Webring, The - Uit de intro: "Every website that features at least one female or female fronted band, or female musician, can join. All underground music styles are okay. Also websites of zines, distros, record labels and projects that focus on female music are welcome. The site's language is not important as long as it's about female underground music". Op dit moment heeft de webring 51 websites uit o.a. AustraliŰ, Canada, Duitsland, Finland, ItaliŰ, Oostenrijk, Singapore, het Verenigd Koninkrijk, de VS, Zweden.
- International Women's University ľ zie Virtual International Women's University
- TAP - The Ada Project - named in honor of Ada Lovelace - is a clearinghouse for information and resources related to women in computing.
- Verenigde Naties
- Virtual International Women's University. Between 15 July and 15 October 2000 the International Women's University (ifu) offered 900 female students from all over the world the opportunity to participate in a postgraduate research and study program. ifu's first semester offered interdisciplinary academic work in six project areas: body, city, information, migration, water, work. The virtual ifu (vifu) is preparing, supporting and extending the ifu on the internet.
- WAVE - Women Against Violence Europe is the European network of non-governmental women's organisations working to combat violence against women and children.
- WEP-I - Women's Exchange Programme International, het Nederlandse bureau voor internationale emancipatie-activiteiten, is in 1998 gefuseerd met drie andere organisaties (AISA, Arachne en IVA) tot een nieuwe organisatie: E-QUALITY, Experts in gender en etniciteit.
- Women Action 2000 - a global NGO electronic netwerk for Beijing +5 was launched on November 26 1999. Its projected goals is to develop a communications network.
- Women on Waves - The Women on Waves Foundation is developing a seagoing women's health clinic on board a Dutch ship named Sea Change. Working in close cooperation with local organizations, the Sea Change will create a floating platform for the provision and advocacy of reproductive health services including safe and legal abortion outside territorial waters, for women in countries where such services are difficult to obtain and often illegal. It will sail to countries around the world to provide training, workshops, information, contraceptives and abortion.
- World March of Women 2000 - Canadees initiatief. Nederlandse bijdragen. Co÷rdinatie daarvan: Vrouwenalliantie.